Sunday, September 26, 2010

Glitter sneezes, fairly floss & butterfly wings... thats what little girls are made of

So this is where my story starts, at 6.38pm on the 16th July 2010- after a long 36 hour labour, hours of pushing, an epidural and a cut where the sun doesn't shine we got to meet our little girl! Rylee Esther we called her, or at least that is what I was told her name was while I was laying on the labour bed only minutes after she was born.
The first time I saw and felt her she was like a giant (4.430kg/ 9lb12oz), blue, slimy, hairy, blob, with eyes open and staring right at me, they had placed her on my chest and she felt so warm and heavy, after all that pushing I could barely breath with her weight on me. Her cord was cut and she was taken away to receive oxygen as she had been stuck so long she wasn't breathing, at this stage I had no idea who she was, a BOY or GIRL? I waited but Dave just stood there in shock from it all, mum told him to go check and she guessed right we had a GIRL!!

Once she was breathing they brought her over to me and we looked at each other as if we both were thinking "so it was you causing me all this pain and stress" we seemed to have an understanding for each other at that time, what a journey we had been through already!!

While in hospital, after I had had about 4 hours sleep, which took about 2 days to get, the presents and cards started rolling in and all I could think was pink, pink, PINK!! Our house will be full of pink, I was excited by the thought of all that pink, sparkles, butterflies and princesses- we'll be 'sneezing glitter' by the time we get home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment